Friday, July 20, 2012

6 weeks to go!

Wedding, extended backpacking honeymoon, moving out of our apartment... its all exciting but stressful too!

June crawled by, I felt like I had so much time on my hands, but not anymore. July has flown!

We have began packing up the apartment, and I feel like we have made quite a bit of headway, yet we still have so much stuff here! It's amazing the amount of crap that accumulates. We seem to be particularly skilled in collecting power cords and dell chargers.

The wedding plans are pretty much under control, we have a wonderful planner from Baliku Weddings, Katie who has been a dream. Last week we chose the centerpieces, bouquets and ceremony decorations. I have hard a hard time making decisions from photos - but I probably would be even more indecisive if I had the real thing to look at.

The only thing that has really been tricky is the food. Dan and I decided to try a plant based diet (vegetarian) early this year. We watched Forks over Knives and it made us want to give it a go. It didn't come as a surprise, but the chefs at the hotel we are having the wedding at sent us pack the vegetarian menus to look over to select for the main course and they all had fish! We ended up getting it sorted out, but I think its going to be pretty common while we travel through Asia. That could mean we both get really skinny (or eat a lot of plain rice and deep fried vego spring rolls mmmm)

This weekend we are going to try and organize our wedding bands and probably look over the travel insurance yet again which is one of those pain in the ass tasks. I think we will probably end up going with World Nomads or perhaps a combo of Nomad with the AMEX insurance. Its a bummer AMEX will only cover a max 45 day trip, but it is the cheapest option.

No comments:

Post a Comment